Friday, January 20, 2012

SPCH 5000: Blog #2

This week we had some very interesting topics about what it means to be a feminist and how many women don't place themselves under that category. Its hard for me to believe that so many women out their don't define themselves as a feminist and would much rather not discuss this very important topic. Feminism defends the rights of women that are equal to those of a man, and to be a woman and not support those rights is unbelievable to me. Woman should have just the same amount of rights as a man does, no matter what. I do believe though on the other hand, that a women shouldn't be on the front line. Their are many other jobs that a woman can do in the military that would be more helpful than to place them on the front line. That is my view about feminism and I do believe that more women out their need to step up and defend their own rights.

1 comment:

  1. Good points! I would add any gender into your thoughts as well, it's mind-boggling that so many people are so fixated on the word without realizing what the definition is or whether or not they could even for a second agree/relate.

    ReplyDelete