Thursday, January 26, 2012

SPCH 5000: BLOG 3

The main point that I want to reflect upon in chapter two, is what it means to be looked upon as a different gender( a boy or girl) compared to being viewed as an individual. Being a women in the United States, I have been influenced(whether that be by the media, my family, my peers, or just past history) to see the world as a mans world and that women have these certain roles that they should follow or abide by. In reality, the world has changed and women are riding up the totem pole. I believe that women should have just the same amount of equal rights compared to those of a man. Their was a story in this chapter about a lady, that as a young girl wanted to play football and yet because she was a girl and not a boy, she didn't get that chance.To me, this is unbelievable and not right. Women should have every right to play a mans sport if they choose to make that decision. We are all individuals with goals and the passion to make a difference in this world, if we continue to be treated differently then men, then this world will never grow and this world will never change.  

1 comment:

  1. I think you're completely right. Things will never change unless we're resistant to what's happening now. People should be afforded the opportunities of all people.

    ReplyDelete