Friday, February 10, 2012

SPCH 5000: Blog 5

After reading the chapter for this week and discussing the different topics in class, I think that the most interesting thing to me that stood out would have to be the two ads that we went over. My favorite AD out of the two that we discussed was the Pamala Anderson AD that was related to " don't eat meat, be a vegetarian." When we broke into groups and went over what exactly this AD was trying to tell us, we simply just said that it can be broken up into many different ways. One way that we choose to take was that it could be telling people, mainly men, to not treat women like a piece of meat and that they are more then just a nice figure. I honestly just loved the conversations that we had about this AD and found it quite amusing as well. But yes that is my blog for the week! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! The ads were definitely very interesting this week. I thought the diesel ad had one of the oddest campaign strategies i'd ever seen. It was so odd that an ad campaign would choose to use "be stupid" as their slogan. Just seemed really odd to me, I would definitely say it wasn't my favorite or best ad campaign strategy I've seen.

    ReplyDelete