Tuesday, April 17, 2012

SPCH 5000 blog post #14

What I loved about the Epilogue at the end of the chapter, was the comment that Taft made. I believe that if both men and women worked together for the different rights and movements that they are fighting for, our nation would be a whole lot stronger. I don't think that men and women should stand alone, because together we could accomplish so much more. I believe that women are a huge part of a mans life just as a man is a huge part of a women s life. If both men and women backed each other up, their voices together would be unstoppable. Taft mentions that if we just talked more and combined forces to work with change, just think of the possibilities that would come about. Gendered lives was such an amazing book, that I believe everyone should get the chance to experience. Although it is going to take time for our world to completely change, it the steps in between the process which matters the most. Women's rights and mens rights are going to make a huge impact on our lives, and I cant wait for that day to come! Well I would love to hear everyone's input on this cause!

Kali

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right on and I think Sarah said it in class that movements where we can have a lot of people are the ones that get attention, it's hard now because we all have our own mission and fraction. We need to be united and support more than one movement, and this is definitely one to get behind.

    ReplyDelete